The WordPress team have last week issued a Privacy release version number 4.9.6 to their popular CMS to help towards GDPR compliance requirements.
If your site is out of date and/or you have not addressed your GDPR compliance then time is of the essence; the new laws come into full effect this Friday – 25th May 2018.
General things to fix or action on your website towards compliance…
- Update the website software regularly
- Use strong passwords and Change passwords regularly
- Reissue your Privacy notice for GDPR – the ICO has good advice and a checklist
- Add privacy statement on all forms
- Scan your cookies and document for your customers
- Backup your website data (paying attention to any personal data retention periods and security of the backups)
Fixing your website is only a very small part of GDPR compliance.